Community Preventive Services Task Force Members
The Community Preventive Services Task Force (Task Force) is an independent, nonfederal, unpaid panel of public health and prevention experts that provides evidence-based findings and recommendations about community preventive services, programs, and policies to improve health. Its members represent a broad range of research, practice, and policy expertise in community preventive services, public health, health promotion, and disease prevention.
The fifteen Task Force members are appointed by the Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Task Force members serve five year terms, with possible extensions to maintain a full scope of expertise, complete specific work, and ensure consistency of Task Force recommendations.
Task Force Members
- Jonathan E. Fielding, MD, MPH, MBA (Chair) Distinguished Professor of Health Services and Pediatrics, Schools of Public Health and Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles
- Robert L. Johnson, MD, FAAP (Vice-Chair) Dean and Professor of Pediatrics and Psychiatry, Director, Division of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School
- Bruce Nedrow (Ned) Calonge, MD, MPH President and CEO, The Colorado Trust
- Marshall H. Chin, MD, MPH, FACP Richard Parillo Family Professor, Healthcare Ethics, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago; Director, Chicago Center for Diabetes Translation Research; Director, RWJF Finding Answers: Disparities Research for Change; General Internist
- John M. Clymer Executive Director, National Forum for Heart Disease & Stroke Prevention; Adjunct Assistant Professor, Loma Linda University School of Public Health
- Karen Glanz, PhD, MPH George A. Weiss University Professor, Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, University of Pennsylvania, Perelman School of Medicine and School of Nursing
- Ron Z. Goetzel, PhD, MA Senior Scientist and Director, Institute for Health and Productivity Studies, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Vice President, Consulting and Applied Research, Truven Health Analytics
- Shiriki K. Kumanyika, PhD, MPH Professor of Epidemiology, Associate Dean for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, Senior Advisor to the Center for Public Health Initiatives, University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine
- Gilbert Omenn, MD, PhD Professor of Public Health, Internal Medicine, Human Genetics, and Computational Medicine and Bioinformatics, University of Michigan
- C. Tracy Orleans, PhD Senior Scientist and Distinguished Fellow, Department of Research and Evaluation, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Nicolaas P. Pronk, PhD Vice President, Health Management, Health Science Officer and Senior Research Investigator, HealthPartners Research Foundation; Adjunct Professor of Society, Human Development and Health, Harvard School of Public Health
- Patrick L. Remington, MD, MPH Professor and Associate Dean for Public Health, School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin, Madison