Slides to Help Tell Others About the Community Guide
- What the Community Guide is
- How Community Guide scientists and the Community Preventive Services Task Force, in collaboration with their partners, develop evidence-based recommendations and findings to improve public health
- Task Force recommendations and findings on specific topics
Community Guide Overview Slides
The following two sets of slides can be used together or with any of the topic-specific slides, depending on the focus of your presentation. Feel free to mix slides from different sets to accommodate presentation length, learning objectives and audience needs. We recommend, however, that you:
- Use the slides word-for-word, as cleared by the Community Guide scientists
- Always include slides from the first set below to describe the Community Guide and Community Preventive Services Task Force
The Community Guide: A Brief Overview [PDF - 244KB] – These slides describe the purpose of the Community Guide, its relationship to the Task Force, how it identifies evidence-based interventions and the expert team involved in doing so.
The Community Guide: Using Systematic Reviews to Inform Task Force Recommendations [PDF - 800KB] – This set of slides is designed for those interested in the scientific methods used for Community Guide systematic reviews. The slides describe how Community Guide systematic reviews are conducted and used by the Task Force, as well as how Task Force findings and recommendations are disseminated for use.
The following slides summarize the Task Force recommendations and findings on specific Community Guide topics.
- Using Evidence for Public Health Decision Making: Motor Vehicle-Related Injury Prevention [PDF - 320KB]
- Using Evidence for Public Health Decision Making: Violence Prevention Focused on Children and Youth [PDF - 466KB]
Worksite Health Promotion
Contact Us with comments about the materials and how you use them. We welcome your feedback.